These events aim to share and educate members of the greater DMG community on how to use e-textile materials to fabricate their own game controllers. Each workshop shares a new construction skill that participants use to expand on their knowledge and ability to create bespoke controllers.
This series contains five workshops and culminates in a three-day-long remote game jam:
- Intro to Textile Game Controllers, November 14, 2018
- Body-Centric Game Controllers, March 27, 2019
- Wearable Game Controllers, October 30, 2019
- Stitch and Stuff, November 26, 2019
- Fun with Felting, January 15, 2020
- Textile Game Controllers Jam, May 30, June 6, June 11, 2020
This project is funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Partnership Engage Grant.